Well, I find myself in LA FRANCE once more. My flight went fairly smooth. Of course after boarding the ginormous aircraft, and with empty seats to my right and left, I thought, "life is good". I waited, to be sure, I didn't want to give my hopes up. Then the attendant announced that boarding was completed. I blew a sigh of relief as they shut the doors, and I could stretch my legs out for the eight hour flight.
Then, a flight attendant passed by me, eying the seat to my left. My stomach sank. The next thing I new, a middle aged Russian woman is talking in my left ear, "how stupid, they put me right between two men! They should really think these things through."
C'est la vie. I still have my seat to my right.
Once in the air, the movies pop on. Everyone's screen seems to be working, all except the one to my left where the Russian woman is sitting. So, she asks me to move over. So, I move. Oh well. I went from having an open seat on either side of me to none. That's what I get for counting my lucky stars.
The flight as I said, went smoothly, but I couldn't sleep at all. And every now and then I would look over in envy as the woman next to me got to spread her legs across two seats. Again, what can you do?
Arrival in Frankfurt: Nothing much to report just a LOT of walking, and waiting in security.
Flight from Frankfurt to Paris: Nothing much to report. (For some reason I had not trouble sleeping during this flight.)
Once in Paris, and after a lot more walking, I found the baggage claim area. Now, after my last experience going to Europe (Italy) I was nervous about my bags arriving, but I caught sight of my little purple suite case and felt confident that it would all be okay. Of course after waiting, and watching one bag after another go round and round and be picked up, I became more nervous. Finally, the only two things left at the baggage claim 3 were myself and one large blue suite case that looked an awful lot like mine, but was not.
So, I began that too familiar process of making a declaration of lost luggage (Which I had done not two months earlier)
Contrary to popular belief the French are NOT as rude as one might think. The woman that helped me was kind enough to let me borrow her phone to call the friend I was staying with so that I could get her address.
What now?! I wait. I wait for news on my bags. Wait and meanwhile have a glass of wine with some close friends. What more can one do in La France.
I hope you are all doing well, and I will talk to you soon.
-Bekah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BUMMER! That's so annoying. After all that neat packing we did!
ReplyDeleteP.S. My hair is short!
ReplyDeleteSucks to lose luggage. There's an English comedian that deals with this quite well. Ed Byrne says that airlines lose his luggage once out of every time he travels. He has a whole routine on it that is quite funny. Unfortunately, I can't find a video clip, but if you ever get a chance to watch "Pedantic and Whimsical", I highly recommend it. He's hilarious and might make you feel better about losing your suitcase.
ReplyDeleteI hope the rest of your trip goes much more smoothly!
No one could fit in thoses tiny cloths but, you! The bastard (french?) women that stole thoses will surely give them back as soon as she realize that she is overweigthed to fit in bekah's stuff.
ReplyDeleteWine already ? Behave !
Ok, I managed to find the video of Ed Byrne and post it on YouTube. I'm not sure how long it will be up before it is yanked for copyright reasons, so try to watch it ASAP. It's hysterical!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVCX2cS9vhE